Novus Labs is looking for a Bluetooth QA Engineer to fill a role for our client in Sunnyvale, CA. This is a six-month, temporary project with an exciting, cutting edge client!
Bluetooth QA Engineers test code at the user level and may also test component APIs. They use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. They work with Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform testing (both manual and automated) on Bluetooth connectivity
- Run Interoperability tests on wireless client products
- Create bug reports using Jira, sniffer logs, Android phone logs, and logs from wireless devices
- Run Bluetooth interoperability and functional tests using Android/iOS devices
- Own periodic testing of product information features for hardware devices
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
- Knowledge of different Bluetooth profiles and their usage
- 3+ years of testing experience, emphasis in hardware/software QA
- Solid understanding of 802.11 WIFI, BT/BLE call flow, WIFI+BT Coex to debug test failures
- Experience with Android, IOS or other hardware device testing
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience setting up and working with wired and wireless networks
- Experience in debugging Bluetooth connectivity on Android devices and Android device testing
- Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of all the Layers of the OSI model, TCP/IP, Socket programming
- Experience building test plans and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
- Experience working with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools
- Experience with open source tools and resources
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
Candidate must thrive in a diverse environment and commit to maintaining an inclusive work environment for coworkers of all races, genders, orientations, and abilities. We believe that different life experiences and perspectives are what make the strongest teams. While we are happy to provide any available training or guidance to help sharpen your skills, your success with Cinder requires the ability to work well with a variety of people.
We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.Apply for this position